Purpose: to evaluate the effectiveness of lowering blood sugar and kidney safety of Dapaggliflozin in patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD 3A).
- Men or women diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
- 18-75 years of age
- HbA1c: 7%-11%
- Stable treatment of diabetes which can include: diet and exercise, oral diabetes medication, insulin, or any combination of these treatments
- Chronic Kidney Disease stage 3A (eGFR of 40-65 mL/min/1.73m²)
- Women that are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant in the near future
- Severe uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Any serious cardiovascular event within the last 3 months
- Kidney transplant or history of kidney biopsy
- Long term treatment with glucocorticoids
- Use of SGLT-2 inhibitors
- Cancer within the past 5 years (with the exception of treated basal or squamous cell carcinoma)
Please contact Katarina Vukojicic, Derive research coordinator, for more information:
UNC Diabetes Care Center
If you join Derive, you will receive all medications and supplies at no cost to you.